. . . for Lauren and Lauren: Patience

January 5, 2012

Patience



One of the biggest lessons I've been learning this year is patience.  In the past when you asked me to pick some characteristics that describe me I may have said patience as one of the top few.  I've realized this is so far from the truth! I think I thought because I work with kids all day I am patient (which I think I am - with 8 years old).  I am getting closer, but am far from being patient.  With little things - like getting a hanger off a clothing rack that is stuck at a store,  or getting boxes to fit under a bed.  But mostly with big things - like waiting for my husband to get a job that makes more money, or waiting for God's timing to get pregnant.  In the past my desires have been granted pretty quickly by God and this year things are not the same.  God's given us countless blessings, just not everything I imagined in my timing.  I trust that God is good and will give me the desires of my heart, BUT in His perfect timing.  So one of my resolutions for the new year is to continue to learn patience and trust in His timing.  

Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.
Psalm 27: 14  



Happy almost weekend!

6 comments:

Elisha said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

cuuuuuute shirt!!<3

Kelly said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Love the polka-dotted shirt!!

Courtney B said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

LOVE this post!
I'll be adding this to my goals for the year... PATIENCE! Especially patience and faith in the Lord's timing.

BeesKnees said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Love the top - I'm a total sucker for polka dots.

~Christina
www.loserlike-me.blogspot.com

Carol Hines said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

This is a post worthy of being read every day! Good job Katie!

Kelly said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

when i start getting up sat my son say "mom, patience (has) a virtue." ;)
it's so true,
God always gives us the desires of our hearts in HIS perfect timing.
stopping by from call me blessed.