. . . for Lauren and Lauren: Lace love & Snickers

February 5, 2012

Lace love & Snickers


I am loving all things lace and was so excited to find a tutorial on how to make this lace scarf.  
I used a green silk fabric for the backing part.  I struggled a little bit with the part where you sew the lace ends together, flip it around and sew the silk together - but I figured it out.  
It really was pretty simple and I LOVE it! 


My family came over for dinner on Saturday night for my mom's birthday.  
Her favorite candy bar is Snickers so I made this recipe, which did taste exactly like Snickers.  
And to no surprise, Chris told me this was his favorite dessert ever.  


I also made these Savory Spinach Bites.  And despite my brother only eating one bite, because it tasted too much like spinach - everyone else loved them! 


HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM! 
I love you so much and could not have been blessed with a better mom.
Thank you for listening to me, loving me and being one of my best friends!

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend! 

14 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Totally trying those recipes!

Unknown said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

that scarf is magnificent! i want to try it! mmm spinach bites :) think i will be trying that recipe, too!

Michelle said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Cute outfit!

booker said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

those bars are making my mouth water! Hello, Btw!

whit | Black Little Button blog said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

omg dear those recipes and scarf looks fantastic!
-wHiT

Design Eat Repeat said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Ohhh boy! You should NOT have showed me those bars. I'm bookmarking those to make the next time I need something sweet! :)

Brittany said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Your scarf is beautiful! And oh man, those Snickers bars....I die. YUM!

Annie said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Ohhh Katie - I LOVE this scarf - it's so pretty! And, I love how you paired it with the pastels :)

Annie
The Other Side of Gray

Yvette | Classic Glam Blog said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

ohmygosh! Those snickers look amazing x100! Make sure to check out my blog! If you like what you see, please follow! I follow back :)

Best Wishes,
classicglamblog.blogspot.com

Yvette | Classic Glam Blog said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

thanks for your comment~! I agree 100%! I followed your blog-- that scarf is gorgeous! If you like my posts, feel free to follow along! :)

Have a great Monday,
classicglamblog.blogspot.com

Elisha said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Love your jeans!<3

Tammy said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I love that scarf!! (and I'm going to pretend I never saw the recipe for the homemade snicker bars, if it's all the same to you! heheheheh)
I may have to give one of those scarves a try though. Thanks for the inspiration!

TheTinyHeart said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

So impressed that you made that scarf yourself! And those snickers bars are making me drool. :)

-Sharon
The Tiny Heart

memakingdo said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Congratulations, this was the top viewed link at the So Creative party last week!
http://soverycreative.blogspot.com/2012/02/so-creative-party-time-24.html