. . . for Lauren and Lauren: Star Shoes

April 3, 2014

Star Shoes


One of my favorite things about having a girl is getting to dress her every day.  When she was little I didn't even mind that I had to change her clothes multiple times a day.  Pathetically enough, I get more excited about picking out what she will wear more than getting dressed myself.  

I learned from the beginning that baby shoes, although adorable, are a little impractical.  Now that didn't stop me from putting them on Addilyn, but they never stayed on for more than ten minutes.  I know the day is not far away where she will be on her feet more and I'll want some shoes that are comfortable, cute and that stay on her feet.  


I was so excited when Soft Star Shoes contacted me to pick out a pair of shoes for Addilyn.  I wanted to find a pair that was easy to put on and would stay on her feet. I picked out the Child Classic Shoe and even got to design my own pair. No surprise, it took me forever to decide what I wanted, as there are so many options! I picked out the pink color for the front and back, white for the velcro strap and the little flower for the front.  I LOVE how they turned out.  


With the velcro strap they are so easy to put on and they stayed on her feet.  I ordered them a little bit bigger so that she'll be able to wear them this summer too.  I think the bottoms will be perfect for when she starts walking.  (Which I won't mind if that is a few months away.  We're not even crawling yet, so I think we're safe for now!) I'm pretty sure we are going to get a lot of use out of these shoes!


I really enjoy learning about family owned businesses and the history behind them and I loved hearing about Star Shoes.  Soft Star Shoes was started by a couple in 1984, who wanted to make quality, soft soled shoes for their daughter.   Their company has been expanding since, but is still well known as a family business that focuses on "foot-friendly designs, friendly customer service and their ability to satisfy each person's unique needs and styles." All of their shoes are hand made in a workshop in Oregon.  Star Shoes goal is to provide customers with shoes that promote strong foot development in kids, and even expanded the line to adult shoes.  I loved reading about their runamoc shoes, which are moccasins that are designed for long distance running.


Soft Star Shoes has a lot of other styles that you can design yourself, picking out the color for the front, back, inside and adding a motif to the front.  They also have sandals, shoes with laces and moccassins. Make sure to follow them on facebook and twitter for updates and more about this neat company!  Thank you Soft Star Shoes for our cute new shoes.  We LOVE them! 



6 comments:

Kayla MKOY said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

These shoes are ADORABLE. I love their back story!! :) their adult shoes are probably so comfy!

Nicole @ Haute Runner said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Adorable shoes for an adorable girl!! I also love dressing my babies! Makes me so sad that my toddler is so uncooperative in wearing what I pick out :( She hasn't worn a headband in ages!

Love the new blog look too.

Unknown said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Oh these are adorable!!

I like your new blog look too!

Denise said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Awesome shoes.

Jessah @ Dreaming of Dimples said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I should've expected your daughter to be a little fashionista just like her mama...but she is so darn cute!!! Love her headbands.

The Olive Tree Blog said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

so cool you can design them! also velco in the back is great...i bet it is hard to get those off!