. . . for Lauren and Lauren: If you thought booties were bad

April 16, 2015

If you thought booties were bad

floral shift dress
floral shift dress
dress: c/o sheinside   boots: target

I've tried to avoid typing or writing the word bootie too often.  It just doesn't feel right to say, and I feel like unless I'm referring to baby shoes, I shouldn't be using it.  But somehow it's slowly slipped into my vocabulary as my love for them has increased over the year.  These trusty $8 booties from Target have certainly gotten their share of wear this last year.  

A few weeks ago a friend used the word shooties instead and I had to ask her twice what she was saying.  I had never heard that one before, but my sister than tagged me in someone's instagram post using it too.  I think I'll stick with booties if I have to pick one. 

Side note.  I tried for at least 10 minutes to use photoshop to get rid of the splashed mud on my garage door.  That is ten minutes I'll never get back and could have probably cleaned at least half of it during that time.  Lesson learned.  

(I love this new dress from sheinside and have had a few people ask me about their sizing.  I always check the measurements in the description as each item seems to vary in what size I get.)


Image Map


11 comments:

Rachel Sayumi Porter said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Your hair looks amazing!

Chrissy + Nate said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Your dress is gorgeous! And yes, booties is an awkward word to say! Every time I say it, Nate makes fun of me. Ha!

Anna Demko said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Love the floral dress!


Happy Medley

Nicole @ Haute Runner said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Love your outfit!! I love my grey booties!!

I thought shoeties/shooties are the ones with peep toes? Either way it is a weird word and I can't bring myself to say it out loud either!!

Foxy's Domestic Side said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Love the dress and the shoes. Booties, haha. I guess now that I think about it, I avoid the word too. I usually just say short boots, lol.

Unknown said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

It's nice that this dress isn't super short, I've looked on their site and many of the dresses are t much longer than shirts.

two birds said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Shooties, Booties, Cuties? I had to...and that dress is so pretty!

The Lady Okie said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Ha! What you said about the garage door made me laugh :)

Allison said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Love this outfit...and I honestly didn't even notice the mud splashes, but I'm sure if it was my own photo I would've done the same thing!!!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Those booties look great! Doesn't look like $8 at all. Lol. I will surely get one of those. Your dress looks awesome too!

J and A said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

That dress is amazing! I need to order from there.