. . . for Lauren and Lauren: Weeks 21 & 22

November 5, 2015

Weeks 21 & 22


I'm 23 weeks this week, but here's some updates about weeks 21 and 22.  It's amazing to me the difference in movement the last week.  I had felt some kicks and rolls before, but not consistent and Chris hadn't felt them yet.  Now I feel him move all the time.  I love it.  Although it's making sleep much harder than it already was.  I swear his little legs are right on my bladder and I have to pee all the time.  Sleep seems to come in phases and I'm currently in a not good one! I can't get comfortable and wake up often.  But it is really nice to feel his kicks while I'm laying there.  I did tell him I'd be okay if he was a little less active than Addilyn once he comes out! 

I've started getting really bad acid reflux this last week.  I don't remember having that until the end with Addi.  I've been eating tums often, but it doesn't seem to help a ton.  Any suggestions? I'll make sure to ask my dr next week when I go!  

I ordered fabric for a changing pad cover and crib sheet and am going to attempt to make my own. I'm super excited to work on his nursery and start making things for his room.  I've been collecting quite a bit of clearance clothes for him and love looking at them and refolding them in his dresser. Boy stuff is pretty cute after all! 

Addilyn is still pretty interested in everything for "the baby" and thankfully she's starting to say baby brother more than baby sister.  She kissed my belly often and always wants to say goodnight to him. It is so sweet and while I know the transition is going to be rough on her, I am so excited to see her love on him!  

We have two names we love, and the last week or so are pretty sure we like one better than the other. I'd love to know his name for sure, so we can start calling him that, and so that Addilyn can get used to it too.  She suggested Batman and car the other day, so we should probably get a real name in there soon!  

As tiring and exhausting that I feel pregnancy is, I am so thankful for the blessing to to carry this sweet boy and love him so much already!  


Image Map


7 comments:

Unknown said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I've has bad reflux too, I'm on Prilosec and it taken the problem away.

Bria said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I had terrible reflux with my boy!!! I ended up going on an RX so I would just chew those tums till you are seen. Ita funny how the symptoms can differ so much in pregnancies!

Denise said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

praying you well.

lovejoy_31 said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I take Prilosec even when I'm not pregnant so I would suggest that. It helped when I was pregnant as well. I still had to do tums, but ask the dr when you go.

Kelly said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Oh my goodness, more than half way done! So exciting!

xx Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes

J and A said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I had relfux too but not until the end. It SUCKS!! :( I can't believe you are half way almost!! Can't wait to SEE him!! xo

Unknown said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

You are the cutest!! I love your outfits you put together! I didn't have reflux with Kinley and nothing so far with this one but we shall see. I am a few weeks behind you.