. . . for Lauren and Lauren: Maternity staples

December 28, 2015

Maternity staples


Last pregnancy my maternity staples were a little different as I worked through most of it, and it was a different season.  This time around, there are definitely way more casual outfits and while I do miss wearing dresses and nicer accessories, I'm probably much more comfortable this time around.  I bought quite a few maternity items last pregnancy, and this time around way less.  Partially because I didn't need much, but a lot because I wanted to buy things I could wear again, not pregnant. Here are a few of my maternity staples this time:

fall maternity outfit

Sweaters/Cardigans.  I've gotten a handful of sweaters and cardigans this season and wear them all the time, especially the farther my pregnancy gets, as they all still fit.  Super comfortable and nice because I'll be able to wear just about all of them after the baby too, as they are all non maternity.  


Tunics/dresses.  I may be borderline inappropriate as I do support not wearing leggings as pants, but I feel like you get a little extra grace when you're pregnant.  I usually wear a longer tank top under my tops, although those are starting to get a little too short too!  

fall maternity outfit

Long tees.  I found this white v-neck maternity on clearance at Target for $7 and love it! It's long enough for leggings, and super comfortable.  I just bought another one in grey for $10 and now wear them both often. 

fall maternity outfit

Scarves.  Scarves are about the only accessory I wear these days.  I don't have any coats that fit me, so it's nice when it's cold out, plus makes me feel a little more put together.  Thankfully I have way more scarves than I need, so lots to choose from!

fall maternity outfit

Vests.  Especially since I don't have a maternity coat, and it has not been nearly as cold as it normally is by this point, vests are good option.  Plus non are maternity, so it's nice you can wear them all again.  This time around I definitely bought less actual maternity clothes and more things that I will be able to wear next Winter when I do not have a pregnant belly!

Leggings.  I mean that's a given.  I'm pretty sure just about every picture minus a few are with leggings.  I bought one pair of maternity leggings from the Gap that go under my belly and I wear them a lot.  The other two I wear often are from Old Navy and are non maternity.  I'll probably have to get new ones after the baby as the waist is of course super stretched out, but I'm pretty sure they were $5 so no big deal!

I'm sure some day I'll look back at these pictures and miss having a pregnant belly!  Right??

Image Map

2 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I think I need your maternity wardrobe. ;) I'm still wearing maternity items from my first pregnancy, and I'm currently online browsing while my boys are at their grandparents'. You look great!!

Unknown said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Hmmm, so apparently wearing leggings all through pregnancy makes it really hard to wear real pants afterwards 😁. All I want to wear are leggings. All. The. Time. I totally agree with your maternity staples. I'm all about cozy cardigans and long tops for sure!