. . . for Lauren and Lauren: DIY EASY wooden headboard

January 20, 2016

DIY EASY wooden headboard

diy wooden headboard

Chris has tons of wonderful qualities, but being handy is not near the top of his list.  So if we can accomplish this, then I'm convinced that just about anyone can do it!  We are keeping our guest bed in the baby's room but I wanted it to match the rest of his room and am loving how it's turned out. I don't know why we didn't make a headboard sooner!  It really was so easy and cost under $30.  I looked up some tutorials on pinterest but none of them seemed super simple.  And I mean super, super simple like we needed.  

I thought it really can't be that hard, but I've been wrong about projects before.  But it really was! It doesn't really warrant a tutorial, and I don't have any pictures but figured it was worth a post to say how easy and cheap it was.  

We went to Home Depot and bought 2 1 x 4's that were 53 inches (the length from the floor to the top of the headboard) for the back of the headboard and then 8 1 x4's that were 56 inches, which is the width of our bed.  We also go small screws that could go through the back and not poke through, and stain for the wood.  That's it! I think it was $27. 

Here's an incredibly unnecessary drawing in case you can't picture that.  


Chris did all the work, which took less than an hour.  We made sure when we were picking out the wood that they all laid flat and lined up next to each other.  We had them cut at Home Depot, which was free and then we didn't have to worry about it at home.  He lined them all up, laid the two boards long ways down the back and drilled them in.  Stained it and then used two screws to secure it to the wall, where there were studs.  

easy diy wooden headboard

I absolutely love how it turned it!  I found the little acorns at Hobby Lobby after Thanksgiving and thought I'd use them for a mobile but decided not to, so I made a little garland for it.  I searched forever for a comforter/quilt and this was exactly what I was looking for.  It's reversible and the perfect colors for this room.  I got it on Overstock for $55. The deer pillow I made!

I can't wait to take pictures and show off the rest of his room! It's become my favorite it our house.

diy wooden headboard



Image Map

5 comments:

Mrs Gray said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Love the colors! Can't wait to see the rest!

Emily Ballard said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Cute!!!! So easy!

XO Kerry said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

So cute! And you made it sound really easy. I wish I was more of a DIY'er! I want to see the rest of the room!

Denise said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

very nice

Anonymous said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Oh my goodness, it looks SO good!

xx Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes