. . . for Lauren and Lauren: One more . . . .

February 22, 2016

One more . . . .


Really I don't know that.  I mean I'm pretty sure I'll have a 39 week update, and most likely a 40. 

What is a winter melon?  I was too tired to spend more than two minutes trying to find a better fruit comparison, so winter melon it is.  Either way I know a winter melon is big.  And round.  And heavy. Exactly how I feel these days!  I've entered the bipolar pregnant mood where I can be crying because I am so ready for him to be here and to not be pregnant and for labor to start.  Then literally five minutes later feel like I am not ready, don't want labor to start yet and am too nervous about everything that will happen, change, and how we'll adjust.  Pregnancy hormones and the waiting is rough! 

Most days I feel pretty decent, all things considered, until about 4:00.  Then it all goes downhill and all my symptoms, tiredness, achiness, nauseousness, acid reflux . . . they all come on and I am done! 

Addilyn got pink eye this first week, followed by a higher fever for a few days.  And then Chris got sick and was in bed for days I lost count of.  It was a rough week.  I felt more tired and sore that week, and I'm sure from doing more around the house and taking care of Addilyn alone all week.  I was so thankful when both of them were healthy.  So many friends of ours are sick, with sick kids and rough stuff that I'm tempted to go nowhere to avoid Addilyn catching other things.  Yet I want to take advantage of the last few weeks where we can get out of the house together.  So I'm praying lots that we all stay healthy before baby boy gets here!

This last week I've had lots more Braxton Hicks contractions and more pressure and cramping and I'm hoping it's doing something.  At my 38 week appointment I was still only dilated a centimeter, but my uterus size grew quite a bit and based on feeling my belly the doctor thinks he's pretty big already.  I'll have an ultrasound early this week and I'm assuming talk about inducing? I don't really know, as Addilyn was with me and crying and I felt flustered and thrown off at that thought. Anticipating labor, however it's coming brings so much anxiety and unknown.  Trying to continually pray and know that God is in control.  

I am so ready to meet him!!

Image Map

6 comments:

Mrs. Southern Mama said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

God will get you through it all! There's a song that reminds me of your situation: "there may be pain in the night, but JOY comes in the morning!"

Stormy said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

You're almost there momma! And looking great! I know those feelings...Garrett was 8lb 6oz and felt so, so heavy! The things we do for those big, chunky boys! :)

Stormy said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

You're almost there momma! And looking great! I know those feelings...Garrett was 8lb 6oz and felt so, so heavy! The things we do for those big, chunky boys! :)

Denise said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

woo hoo, it is almost time.

Unknown said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

You're almost there! M glad Addi and Chris are feeling better, the struggle is real when you have to go it alone!

Foxy's Domestic Side said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

OH man what a week, at least it was this week and out of the way instead of when the baby was born, so there's that. Good luck!