. . . for Lauren and Lauren: Healthier Snacks? We're trying!

May 25, 2016

Healthier Snacks? We're trying!


I've been trying harder to find healthy snacks for both Addilyn and I to eat.  I do pretty well in terms of healthy eating with breakfast and lunch.  It's snacking and dinner where I fail, as well as giving Addi healthy options (that she'll eat).  These energy balls are a favorite.  Call them cookie balls and most of the time Addilyn will eat them up.  Of course sometimes she just picks out the chocolate chips.  But they are delicious and filling and I will eat them all! 

This week we made these and they were easy and really good.  All you do is spread greek yogurt on a cookie sheet (over parchment paper), cut up fruit and sprinkle that and granola.  Then freeze and break into pieces.  We all loved it!

What are your favorite healthier snacks for you and your toddler?  I need more!


Image Map

4 comments:

Unknown said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Totally making this! What a great snack idea!

Laura Darling said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I made a fruit dip with plain yogurt and a little bit of low fat cool whip this week, and then I chopped up a bunch of fruit and ate it as my lunch snack throughout the week! It was the perfect sweet treat in the middle of the day. I know the cool whip makes it slightly less healthy, but I told myself it was better than eating a bag of oreos or a candy bar, which is what I would've done otherwise!!

Kelly said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

That bark sounds amazing!

xx Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes

Susannah said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

What an awesome snack idea!