. . . for Lauren and Lauren: Bedroom Makeover

January 4, 2017

Bedroom Makeover



I've LOVED decorating our new place and pretty quickly got things up and on the walls and felt like it was "our" house soon after moving in.  I love thinking of how I want to design a space and really enjoy looking for things and putting spaces together.  Our bedroom is one place that doesn't have a ton up, and I haven't had any set ideas of how I wanted it decorated.  I was excited when Kelly contacted me asking if I wanted any help with designing our new place.  I've known Kelly for a few years thanks to the blogging world, and was so excited for her when started her own interior design company, KB Design Interior.  Kelly will help you come up with a complete makeover for any room you're looking to update.  I sent her some pictures of my bedroom and she sent me a list of questions to fill out, including my design style, colors I like, any specifics I wanted for our room, etc.  I knew eventually I want the room to be painted grey and want to make a wooden headboard behind our bed, and that I'd love a bench and chair in the room somewhere!  She asked me a few other questions and within a few days emailed me a mood board: 

Here are Kelly's notes from her mood board: 

top row: curtains. I got these from ikea and love them. They have to be hemmed though. but they're great quality. I recommend 1-2 inches longer than floor length. I"d get these for all windows in the room., a blanket ladder for by the old door and behind the new chair, a fake plant (unless you can keep them alive....I can't!) for the corner to the left of the bed (if you're standing at the foot of the bed), and a vintage style old mirror that I love. I wasn't sure if you need one that you can see in better. in that case, I put one of those on here too. Either one would go to the right of the upright dresser. and matching lamps for the side tables of the bed

second row: a rug to place under your bed. I'd get it large enough to have it sticking out the front of it. the back legs don't need to be under the rug. This would tie in the white from the drapes and the grey from the chair. The cozy chair for the corner, a side table and plant for next to the chair, and a pillow for the chair. There's lots of cute options out there too!

third row: A tufted bench for the foot of the bed. This would tie in the off white i the pillow and lampshades, a cozy throw pillow, and the standing mirror I talked about earlier

Last row: a few pillows to spruce up the bed, some new robe/towel hooks for the place you have them hung now. would provide a clean update since you don't really have yellow anywhere else in the room, and a cute sign to hang on the left as your looking at where the towels are hanging. 

I LOVE everything she included.  I didn't want to change anything!  I loved that all of her items were places I normally shop and not out of my price range.  I put a very similar bench on my Christmas list and we got it from Chris' parents and I love it.  The IKEA curtains are currently in my cart and hopefully get them soon!  While we can't afford to work on this room completely, it's so nice to have a list of items I'm looking for and will slowly fill up our room.  I can't wait until it is all done and would be thrilled if it looked like the ideas Kelly gave me.  

Check out Kelly's work and if you want to use her services, mention this post and she'll give you 20% off.  Thank you SO much Kelly! I love it and can't wait to make our space match your vision!



Image Map

2 comments:

Ashley said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Such great ideas!!! Sometimes it's just nice to have another perspective on what others would do with your space!! Can't wait to see it all come together!!

Kelly said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

So much great inspiration, I can't wait to see the final product!

xx Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes